It’s not the most obvious discount but there’s nothing wrong supporting the AARP even if you’re not of age.
One Mile at a Time clued us in to this weird deal: For quite some time now, the AARP has been offering $65 to $400 off any British Airways flight to any of its members. (The lower end of the scale applies to economy tickets, the upper end of the scale applies to business and first-class. OMAT also points out that this can be combined with a 10% discount via the British Airways Visa Card.)
These are the discounts available to AARP members:
$65 ($49*) off for travel in World Traveller (economy)
$130 ($114*) off for travel in World Traveller Plus (premium economy)
$400 ($384*) off for travel in Club World (business class)
$400 ($384*) off for travel in First
*Actual discount after joining AARP
The AARP discount has been in effect since late 2015, though for this discount to apply, the flights must be booked by January 31, 2017 and travel must begin by March 31, 2017. The interesting note here is that the AARP and British Airways partnership has a history of extending the discount at the last minute (kinda like WhatsApp).
There’s not many other restrictions on it, so it seems like a pretty great deal.
Check out the full terms and conditions here:
The exclusive discounts as indicated on this offer page are available online to AARP members only via the dedicated link on this page when booking a round-trip through fare (round-trip flights with connection to final destination, separate tickets do not qualify for discount) from select US gateways to UK and beyond.
- Customer must be an AARP member or must travel with an AARP member to be eligible for this exclusive offer.
- The exclusive discounts are based on round-trip purchase off any published retail World Traveller (economy), World Traveller Plus (Premium economy), Club World (business class) or First fares that are greater than the relevant discount for the class of travel on ba.com via the exclusive link, valid for outbound travel November 1, 2015 – March 31, 2017 on British Airways and British Airways codeshare services operated by American Airlines and on British Airways codeshare services operated by Iberia only.
- American Airlines and American Eagle flights with a BA flight number that connect to BA operated, AA operated with BA flight numbers and IB operated with BA flight numbers transatlantic flights are permitted.
- Discount does not apply to open jaw journey (only round-trip with same origin and destination permitted).
- The exclusive discounts will not apply if booked through a British Airways call centre or travel agent.
- The exclusive discounts cannot be retroactively applied to bookings NOT made through the exclusive link, ba.com/aarp.
- All discounted fares will be highlighted with a red ‘Discount’.
- For new bookings only made November 1, 2015 – January 31, 2017.
- This offer is not combinable with any other discount or deal.
- All rules of any fare purchased apply, including advance purchase, minimum/maximum stay, stopovers, weekend add-ons, change fees and cancellation/refund rules. Please refer to individual rules per ticket before purchase.
- Executive Club members can earn Avios per the terms and conditions of the Executive Club.
- This exclusive AARP member offer is open to US residents paying in US dollars only, with travel originating in the US.
- Subject to availability.
- This offer may be modified, withdrawn or limited by British Airways without notice.
- Other significant restrictions may apply.
Did you like this article?