It may surprise you but your phone does have its own nationality.
Basically, different apps are available to different countries. I guess it makes sense, if you consider Netflix has shows different selections available depending on your location. Here is a quick rundown on how to change the country store on Google Play or on the Apple Store.
Otherwise, how you gonna get to that app?
It is worth pointing that it is only possible to change the Google Play country once per year, so think real hard before changing it for that 3-month fling abroad. (Not worth it, pal!)
- On your device, tap Settings [your name] iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in.
- Tap Country/Region, then tap Change Country or Region.
- Tap your new country or region, then review the Terms & Conditions.
- Tap Agree in the upper-right corner, then tap Agree again to confirm.
- Select a payment method and enter your new payment information and billing address, then tap Next.
To change your country, you need to set up a new country in Google Play. To set up a new country, you must be in that country and have a payment method from the new country.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store .
- Tap Menu Account Country and profiles.
- Tap the country where you want to add an account.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to add a payment method to that country.
- The first payment method must be from the country you’re adding a profile for. Once you create the profile you can add payment methods from other countries.
- This creates a new Google Payments profile linked to the new country. The Google Play Store will automatically change to the new country. It can take up to 24 hours to change.
Did you like this article?