Gotta love taking that travel hacking up to next level.
Reader Kenji sent this tip in: Since New York residents are no longer eligible for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck, they are now eligible to claim the Global Entry fee reimbursement their credit card may offer in the form of cash.
In order to get the benefit, applicants must go through the normal, time-intensive Global Entry application process (renewal is much easier). Since the government is not able to process the application, the $100 will simply be refunded back on the card. CBP has officially stated refunds will be processed immediately.
NBC reports that it would roughly affect 255,000 New Yorkers who have their clearance pending, and those that have Global Entry memberships expiring this year.
According to The Points Guy, this would apply to cardholders from the following eight credit cards that offer this benefit:
- American Express, Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card
- American Express, The Platinum Card
- Bank of America, Premium Rewards Visa
- Capital One, Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Chase, IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
- Chase, Sapphire Reserve
- Chase, United Explorer Card
- Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Did you like this article?