Actually it can. Not in every situation, but for some circumstances, if the trip is short enough and you’re a great packer, basic economy can be a chance to save some money. It isn’t really the time to be bringing heels (unless you’re wearing them), though.
For example, I could probably wear most of my purse in my winter coat if I’m flying to a winter destination (it has a lot of pockets). How do I know this? Because I do this at home, in New York.
Things to consider:
- Is the personal item big enough? This Lo & Sons O.M.G bag could probably make it work.
- How long is the trip? If it’s under three days and don’t need to pack much, it’s a real chance to practice efficient packing. Or if you’re okay with rewearing clothes. (But never underwear, cause that’s gross.)
- Do you have a small backpack or weekender? Suitcases aren’t really going to cut it.
- How much do you save? Is the difference under $25 for another airline or for a more expensive fare?
- Do you plan on bringing things back? In that case, forget it.
Things to mull over.
This sponsored post is brought to you by KAYAK.
This is an easy one to write and that’s because long before KAYAK approached me about writing this post, KAYAK Explore was already a favorite tool in my repertoire, even if anyone barely knew about it.