Tis the season to get in the f*cking car.
Through the T-Mobile Tuesdays app, existing customers can receive up to 40% off Rentalcars.com Pay Now reservations. (Like with the previous Booking.com offer, it doesn’t seem necessary to be an existing customer: Clicking through to the portal link seems to activate the discount.)
Basically, there is a 30% discount for Pay Now car reservations, plus an additional 10% discount through T-Mobile. Please keep in mind that Pay Now car rentals are typically the most restrictive type, though it’s absolutely perfect for last-minute travel.
In a quick search for New York area rentals, from Thursday to Monday (four days!), the cheapest rental quoted was a Pay Later rental1 for $200. On the reservation page, the price dropped to $188.47. The 10% discount got applied on the credit card page, dropping the price further to $169.62. It wasn’t quite the 40% off, but it did bring the price of the car down from $50/day to $42/day.
It looks like the 10% discount is applicable across the board, even for Pay Later rentals.
There doesn’t seem to be a limit as to how many reservations can be made. Reservations can be made up to eleven months in advance and the offer expires August 4, 2020. (Though we wouldn’t be surprised to see this extended.)
Here are the exact instructions (don’t you love us?), per the app:
- Tap “Redeem” to search for a rental car (or visit tmobiletravel.com and tap “Car Rental” at the top)
- Initial Rentalcars.com savings of up to 30% is applied automatically to the price if you select a pre-paid “Pay Now” rental option
- Enter your personal and/or payment information to complete your booking, which may include additional 10% savings if you select a Pay Now rental and tap “Apply 10% T-Mobile Discount”, combining savings of up to 40% off
- Some Pay Now rentals may require a full payment upon booking, while others may require partial payment upon booking, with the balance due at pickup
Note: Free cancellation for most Pay Now rental within 48 hours of pick-up unless otherwise noted.
The full T&C:
Save and redeem in the T-Mobile Tuesdays app by August 4, 2020, at 4:59 a.m. ET to receive up to 40% off prepaid (“Pay Now”) rental cars from Rentalcars.com. Customers must make their reservations via the T-Mobile Tuesdays app in order to redeem the offer. To receive maximum discount you must click the “Apply 10% T-Mobile discount” option on the Payment Details page where applicable. Rentalcars.com’s up to 30% discounts are already included in the Pay Now pricing displayed at the time of booking compared to equivalent Pay Local/Later prices. All reservations are subject to the terms of the supplier and may not be able to be refunded; see individual supplier for details. Not valid on existing car rental reservations. Pay Now rates and vehicles based on availability. Not valid with any other promotion, offer, discount or coupon.
- In this case, almost all of the Pay Now rentals were substantially expensive, making Pay Later rentals the best deal! ↩
Did you like this article?