Ready for that family vacation, boo?
Though it is pretty self-explanatory, here is how to add additional guests to a reservation, or share an itinerary with them on their actual Airbnb account.
Forwarding emails are great and everything, but it is just simply not as efficient and doesn't let other guests track any changes to an itinerary.
Trust me, at the end of the day, it just simplifies things.
Adding or deleting guests to a reservation
This one is pretty easy to manage.
However, keep in mind almost all hosts have different guest limits (and almost all of them have different outside guest policies!) so adding an extra guest after booking is not guaranteed.
Straight from the Airbnb website:
- Go to Trips and find the trip you want to change under the Upcoming tab, and tap Show Details
- Tap Manage guests
- To change the number of guests, click or tap Next under Change reservation
- Add or remove guests, then click or tap Continue
- Review your guest count change and the price difference, then select Send request. Once the host agrees to the changes, they’ll be applied automatically.
It is very possible that adding a guest could incur an extra fee and it is best to ask about the accurate number of guests before booking a reservation upfront.
Sharing trips with other Airbnb users
Sure, you can forward an email, but is there a need to?
Even in all of my years as a host and a guest, I've only recently discovered that it's possible to attach other Airbnb users to a reservation.
Here are the quick instructions, excerpted:
- From a browser, go to Trips, and select the trip you want to share
- Click Manage guests
- Add a co-traveler by sharing the provided link or by emailing them an invite
Co-travelers are able to see the reservation details under their Airbnb account, and can access the itinerary and house manual. They are also able to see changes to a reservation.
The one thing they aren't able to do is message the guest—only the person who booked the original reservation can do that—but they ARE able to see the host contact details.
(This makes sense, no wants too many cooks in the kitchen!)