Because we’ve been so busy on vacation—look, it’s hard work sleeping and sipping on margaritas—there’s a bit of a pivotal news we’ve missed out since we’ve been gone. One of them being T-Mo customers now get free Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi.
To be specific, T-Mobile users are entitled to at least one hour of in-flight Wi-Fi everywhere Gogo is provided (which no longer includes American and United, sadly). This policy kicked in on June 13, and comes in addition to the Wi-Fi calling and in-flight texting T-Mobile already offers.
(It’s worth pointing out Wi-Fi calling needs to be activated before flight take-off, but this doesn’t seem to affect the one hour of in-flight Wi-Fi.)
Here’s a brief overview of what T-Mobile customers now receive:
- One-hour Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi
- Unlimited in-flight texting
- Unlimited Wi-Fi texting
To get the ball rolling. here are some instructions T-Mobile has provided:
Once you’re on board:
- Follow the instructions from your cabin crew to hear when the Gogo service is available.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and make sure you’re connected to the ‘gogoinflight’ Wi-Fi network.
- Open the browser. Select the ‘T-Mobile FREE hour of in-flight Wi-Fi and unlimited texting’ option.
- Click the “LET’S GO” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Your device should connect to T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling.
- It can take a few minutes for your device to register on the ground for T-Mobile In-flight Texting. If you don’t want to wait, just reset (turn off, then on) your Wi-Fi or start messaging using iMessage, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp and Viber.
- Android Users: You should see a WFC icon, in the upper left corner.
- iPhone Users: Your network indicator should say “T-Mobile Wi-Fi”.
- Start texting and browsing!
No problem once we were onboard.
Did you like this article?