Lo and behold, holiday season is upon us. It also means that everyone and their mom and their mom will be at the airport, so here’s how to make it to Grandma’s house in one mental piece.
To your benefit, I’ve compiled a list of Map Happy’s best travel tips, wrapped up in one neat little bow. You’ll probably need every trick in your book to get through the airport alive and with some semblance of your sanity intact. Ready for an epic turkey-sized vacation?
The list is divided into five sections, with the foci on packing and preparation, airport arrival, flight incidents, arrival and any hotel issues you may have. As an added bonus, any post with a little
Unfortunately, this list should make the travel rush a little bit more bearable, but it won’t really help you with the truly terrifying part: spending time with family. Godspeed.
- The Definitive Guide to Packing for Almost Any Trip
- On Packing the Right Type of Clothes for Traveling
- Does the Pack This! Pad Hold Up as a Packing List?
- How the Sunbeam Travel Iron Holds Up on the Road
- The Rule for Carrying Liquids On an Airplane Is…
- Use Free Samples to Double as Travel-Sized Toiletries
- What’s the Best Bank Account for Traveling?
- Should I Pack the Amex, Mastercard or Visa?
- Alert the Bank Before You Leave the Country
- Read the Fine Print Before You Swipe Abroad
- The Best Smartphone Conversion Apps to Take Along With You
- Drop a Business Card Inside to ID Your Suitcase
- How Not To Pack Frozen Food on a Flight
- The Best Travel Adapter for Going Overseas
- TSA-Approved Keyless Locks Secure Luggage
When You Arrive at the Airport
- Can Renting a Car Save Money on Airport Parking?
- How To Get Into and Out of the Airport Quickly
- Rediscovering the Joys of Curbside Check-In
- Why It’s Almost Never Worth It To Check In a Bag
- When There Are No Seats Left on the Plane
- Explaining Exactly What TSA PreCheck Is All About
- This Is an Airport Screening Courtesy PSA
- How To Get Through Airport Security Quickly
- Take an Empty Water Bottle Through Airport Security
While You’re On the Plane
- Flight Basics: Learn to Pack Your Own Food
- Gate Check Your Bag To Avoid the Baggage Fee
- The Things You Can Still Ask For Free on a Plane
- The Possible Benefits of Picking the Middle Seat
- Ditch the In-Flight Magazine to Grab Extra Legroom
- Road Testing the Unbearable Lightness of the Kindle Paperwhite
- Bring a Pen Along for the Ride on the Plane
- How To Sprint Through the Airport Like a Pro
- Your Guide to Sleeping (but not Snoring) in Airports
- Find Airport Power Outlets With AirPower Wiki
- What It’s Really Like Getting Online During Your Flight
- Oops! What To Do When You’ve Missed Your Flight
Once You Arrive at the Destination
- Just Landed Times You for Perfect Airport Pick Ups
- How Long Does It Take to Clear Immigration?
- How To Manage Your Birth Control on the Road
- Reuse an Old Pillowcase as a Dirty Laundry Bag
- What Actually Happened When I Lost My Passport
Dealing With Hotel Issues
- Remember Your Hotel Room Number Quickly
- Scary Alert! When To Check Your Hotel for Bed Bugs
- Keeping the Power on with Room Key Wall Slots
- How To Override Your Hotel’s Thermostat
- Forgot Your Power Cord? Ask the Front Desk First
- Put Your Junk in the Ice Bucket To Keep It Fresh
- Put Shoes in the Safe To Remember Valuables
- When It’s Okay To Get Away With Not Tipping the Maid
Did you like this article?